Know-How to Make Backup of offline OST File in a Simplified Way
Most of the people prefer to use Offline storage table ( OST file) for receiving and sending emails. This file OST gives the facility to work in offline mode. But sometimes there might be some situations in which the user wants to know Know How to Backup of Offline OST file to PST. Let us understand the situation with the help of the question asked on the forum site.
“Please help! I am working in an organization where we are using Exchange server and Microsoft Outlook application to manage our important data. But few days before due to some technical issues our Exchange server not working properly so I managed all the emails data on Outlook application. I had all the mailbox data saved in the OST file. Can anybody help me how to backup IMAP emails to PST file? Thanks!”
In this guide, we will describe the step by step process to backup OST to PST file with the help of manual as well as automated workarounds. In case if the user fails to backup IMAP emails to PST manually then the user can take the Outlook OST file to PST converter tool resolve this issue. Before proceeding to the solution part let us try to find the main possible reasons to backup OST file.
Possible Reasons to Backup IMAP Emails to PST File Format
Here are the possible reasons to export OST to PST Outlook 2016. Some of which are described below.
- In case of OST file corruption issue – As we know that like any other files this OST file is also prone to the corruption problem. These files can be corrupted due to any malware or virus infection, data storage device failure, abnormal termination of Outlook application. One cannot trust on the Outlook OST file for data storage purpose. So to accees, the OST file data its better to export OST to PST file format.
- If the user wants to recover accidentally deleted data – Sometimes users accidentally delete the Outlook OST file data. In that case, if the user has a backup of the OST file data in PST file format then the user can easily recover the accidentally deleted data.
- It helps to Migrate the data from one place to another – Exporting of Outlook OST to PST file format also helps the user in migrating data from place to another. This is very helpful in case if your organization is shifting and the user wants to move the important data on another system.
Know-How to Make Backup of offline OST File to Outlook PST File Format Manually
Here are the ways to backup IMAP emails to PST file format. Please follow the mentioned steps to perform this task easily.
- First, open your Microsoft Outlook application.
- Click on File and choose Open and Export and choose Import/ Export.
- In the Import and Export Wizard choose the option Export to File.
- Choose the PST file format.
- Now browse the destination location to save the resultant PST file format.
- Finally, Click on the Finish button.
Smart and Efficient Way to Export OST to PST Outlook 2013 / 2016 / 2019
In case if you won’t be able to perform the manual process then the user can take the help of OST file exporter application. This can easily export OST file emails, contacts, calendar, task, and journals. Also, this utility provides the option to export the OST file data to Outlook PST / EML / MSG / Office 365 / PDF. Also, this tool supports to recover the deleted data from the OST file. This is a safe and most reliable technique to backup IMAP emails to PST file format. Moreover, the graphical and user interface of this application is so simple and easy to use for technical as well as for non-technical users.
There can be times when the Microsoft Outlook users want to know how to make a backup of offline OST file. So in this article, we have given the best possible ways to perform this task with the help of the manual as a well automated solution. Also, we have covered the reasons to back up IMAP emails to PST file format. The user can take the help of the manual method but to avoid any crucial data loss situations it is always advisable to take the help of OST to PST converter.