If the user selects Microsoft Azure as a storage location then, they can easily focus on the application logic without worrying about the hardware management. Apart from this, there are other benefits too, for storing/migrating SQL Server data to Azure. It includes limitless storage benefits, high availability and disaster recovery benefits, security and fast migration benefits. Now, after knowing the benefits, let me introduce you the most prominent solution to deploy SQL Server database to Azure i.e. SysTools SQL Server to Azure Migrator Tool. With this program, users can easily move database from SQL Server to Azure in a very short time. Also, complete database objects can be easily migrated to Azure with this advanced tool.
Steps to Copy Local SQL Server Database to Azure
Follow the step by step process that mentioned in the below section to deploy SQL Server database to Azure Cloud
Step 1: Install & run the SysTools SQL Server to Azure Migration Tool
Step 2: Browse MDF file for migration after clicking on the Open button
Step 3: See the Preview of SQL Server database objects in this step
Step 4: Click on Migrate
Step 5: Provide Server Name, credentials for Login. Then after hit on the “Connect” button
Step 6: Now, select the destination database
Step 7: Select migration option like ‘With Only Schema’ or ‘With Schema & Data’
Step 8: Finally, tap on the Migrate button to deploy local SQL database to Azure.
Advanced Features of the Tool to Deploy SQL Server Database to Azure
- Supports to migrate all SQL Server database objects
- Easily Migrate MDF / NDF files to Azure Cloud
- Transfer tables, stored procedures, views, functions, XML data types, etc
- Filter to migrate selective database objects
- Supports to export corrupted SQL Server database to Azure
- Facility to save MDF / NDF files after the scanning process
- Generates the preview of SQL Server database objects
- Can deploy SQL database to Azure (New / Existing Azure DB)
- Migrate database items ‘With Schema’ or ‘With Schema & Data’
Deploy Database to SQL Azure Wizard (in SSMS) is available to migrate/deploy SQL Server database to Azure. But the main drawback of using this wizard is that it takes very long hours to export SQL data Azure. Therefore, in such cases the best solution will be is to use any third-party application like SysTools SQL to Azure Migration Tool. With this reliable program, SQL Server database files can be easily migrated to Azure without any data loss.